I have Lost My Quicken Password, What to Do

I have Lost My Quicken Password, What to Do






Quicken is intuitive financial software with potent encryption features. Quicken provides password protection facility for its users to ensure complete privacy and security of data.

It’s been quite a long time I am using Quicken or you can say I am a Quicken fan. I adore each and every feature of Quicken since it has made day-to-day tasks much easier. Being an accountant, this software is the biggest boon for me. Because I store really important finance data in my account, I always follow all security measures and set a strong password for both Quicken login and data files. Moreover, this helps me avoid other Quicken problems such data breach to some extent.

Being a forgetful person, I often lose my access to my Quicken account. However, the purpose of a password is data-protection and therefore always keep my account password protected, but when I forget my password it becomes a great hassle for me.

Since I can feel the pain and fear of forgetting Quicken password, I have tried to provide you few recovery methods which can help you deal with such scenarios.


There are two types of password one is “Quicken login password” and another is “data files” password. Both the passwords are equally important. There are very high chances that users may forget their password as humans tend to lose/ forget important details. The below-mentioned steps will help you retrieve your Quicken and data file password in an easy manner.

 Steps to Reset Your Password in Case You Lost Your Password

-> Go to the login page of Quicken and click on the link “forgot my password”.

-> Enter your login id and submit.

-> Select the delivery method for receiving the verification code from the list.

-> The “Text” is default recovery method, but one also opt for “Email me the coed instead”

-> Enter the verification code.

->Now create a new and unique password.

->Log in using the new password.

How to Recover Data File Password?


Data file password is a bit different from Quicken login password so is the process of retrieving. Data file password prevents unauthorized access to your Quicken data. If in any case, you are no longer able to access your data file with your old password, Quicken offers an official tool to remove the current password and create a new one.

Alternatively one can click on the “forgot password link” and apply the same steps mentioned in the Quicken login password recovery.

 Changing or Removing Quicken Password


I personally recommend changing your Quicken password frequently to maintain your account security. Also, if you don’t have sharp memory (just like me), you must change your password time-to-time because we people tend to forget old things.

Also, there is an option to remove password for Quicken files, this can be also a good choice for low-memory people like me.

 Let’s Discuss How to Change or Remove Password In Quicken

  Open the Quicken software on your device.

-> Choose the option “File” and click “Set password for this data file’.

-> Now enter your old password, new password and again enter your new password to confirm your changes.

-> Click Ok and you’ve changed your password.


General Tip:

To be honest, I am not the tech geek and often end up spoiling things, so whenever I feel like things are going beyond my approach I prefer getting support from experts. Quicken offers its customer service via telecommunication and online means such as email and chat. But this is totally optional, if you are confident with your technical skills, you can follow the steps and manage your Quicken password and id without any help.

If you Having any Issues with I have Lost My Quicken Password, What to Do

Call us:  Quicken Help Phone Number +1-877-773-3202  (toll-free)

OR


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quicken Connectivity Troubleshooting issue

Use Quicken Screen Share Feature for Exact Solution

Can’t Open Quicken After Updating to the New Release